- Place feet hip-width apart—sit or stand
- Bring right hand above your head, bend elbow and bring your right palm to touch your back
- Stretch left arm to the side, bend elbow and bring hand behind your back moving the left fingertips to meet the right then clasping the right hand (or bringing it as close as possible to the right hand)
- Hold stretch for 5 to 10 deep breaths then repeat on other side
- Come to plank
- Bring left foot up and around and to the outside of your left hand
- Hold this stretch for 5-10 seconds, then bring left foot back into plank position
- Repeat the same movement on the right side.
- Perform 10 reps on each leg
- Stand with feet together and reach arms overhead with palms together
- As you inhale bend your body to the right pressing hips to the left
- Lengthen the body making sure not to cave either forward or back
- Hold for a count of 5 then move back to center, and stretch to the left
- Stretch 5 to 10 times on each side.
- Lie on floor or yoga mat facedown with thighs, shins and the tops of your feet pressing firmly into the floor
- Hands are placed under the shoulders, elbows tucked in and pointing toward feet
- Inhale and lift chest by pushing hands firmly into the mat and straightening your arms
- Press shoulder blades together and away from the ears
- Lift and open chest without arching too far back
- Engage core and keep glutes strong without overly squeezing
- Hold for 10 to 30 seconds
- Exhale while slowly lowering chest back to the mat
- Sit up straight in a chair or the floor
- Look up toward ceiling, keeping neck long, and hold for five breaths
- Bring left ear to left shoulder and hold for five breaths
- Roll head down to your chest and hold for five breaths
- Roll head to the right and hold for five breaths
- Repeat in opposite direction
- Sit in chair keeping posture upright to lengthen the spine
- Hips remain square and feet point forward
- Turn upper body to the right and place your right hand on back of chair. Deepen the twist by looking over the right shoulder.
- Hold stretch 8 to 10 breaths, come back to center then repeat on the left side.
Certain aspects of the articles we send (or may send in the future) via our monthly newsletters may not comply with current AHPRA guidelines. We cannot make an AHPRA safe article because the legislation is not clear & up to interpretation. We highly recommend that our clients alter aspects of the monthly newsletter to what you believe is AHPRA safe. We do not recommend our clients place any article, as we have provided it, on your website as it may be detected as copied content by certain search engines & you will be penalised. Please take the time to make changes & personalise it’s content accordingly.