What is the osteopathic approach to treating children?
Osteopathy recognizes the particular stresses on the body that children might experience as they grow from babies to teenagers and has developed an approach to work with children of all ages. Stresses associated with birth, childhood accidents and falls, or rapid growth changes might create or contribute to physical problems that place stresses on the growing body. Our osteopaths work alongside other disciplines to assist the young person to adapt to growth-related changes and aid in the management of a range of problems. We undertake a thorough case history and screening examinations before discussing our findings and management plan with you. This might include referral to your doctor or other health professionals as appropriate. Osteopaths with a focus on pediatrics see a range of patient groups, including but not limited to:
- Families seeking information on normal growth and development of babies
- Babies needing assistance after birth
- Children needing rehabilitation after injury or post-surgery
- Children with chronic conditions, other physical impairments, or difficulties relating to their growth, development, posture or movement.
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Pregnancy and post-natal conditions
- Babies and Children