Massage therapists make use of long, smooth strokes, kneading and other movements focused on shallow layers of muscle utilizing massage oil or lotion.
Massage therapy enhances circulation by bringing oxygen and other nutrients to body tissues.
It relieves muscle tension and discomfort, enhances flexibility and movement, and assists clear lactic acid and various other waste, which decreases discomfort and tightness in muscles and joints.
Why Do People Get Massage Therapy?
People get massage therapy for leisure or for a range of health conditions:
- Pain in the back
- Inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and tendinitis
- Anxiety relief and stress-related conditions
- Headaches and migraines
- Muscle and associated conditions such as spasms, stress and strains
- Repetitive strain injury, such as carpal tunnel syndrome
- Circulatory and respiratory problems
- Post-injury and post surgical recovery
Massage therapy relieves tension. It is believed to help the body’s tension response by reducing levels of hormones such as cortisol.
Massage treatment likewise appears to boost immune function.